From the website of the California State PTA at www.capta.org
• To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
• To raise the standards of home life.
• To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
• To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
• To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education. The mission of the California State PTA is to represent our members and to empower and support them with skills in advocacy, leadership, and communication to positively impact the lives of all children and families.
California State PTA Board of Managers, March 2006